Native Americans used birch bark buckets to store maple sugar. Make your own bucket from construction paper.
- Fold the construction paper in half.
- Trace the pattern along the solid lines and cut out.
- Trace the dotted fold lines on your cutout.
- Decorate the mokuk while it is flat. Use Native American Designs or make up your own.
- Fold the mokuk along the dotted lines to create the base.
- On one side, fold in flap b. On the same side, bring a flaps together and overlap them on top of flap b. Glue (or tape on the inside) these flaps together to create one side of the mokuk.
- Repeat step 6 on the opposite side.
- Punch holes in the sides and attach yarn to form a handle.